DIRECTOR OF CHILDRENS MINISTRY
The Director of Childrens Ministry is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 4th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving weekend children’s services and periodic special events.
This position is a full-time position. If the right applicant can give at least 30 hours he/she will be considered.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the operation of our children’s ministry, including weekend services and periodic special events.
2. Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a children’s Christian education program that is part of the church’s weekend service schedule.
3. Implement children’s registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff children’s ministry classrooms and special events.
5. Design and plan periodic child baptism services as required, meeting the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
6. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities.
7. Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to budget.
8. Oversee the leaders of Ethos Club (8-13 year old), assist and be a resource for them.
9. Coordinate a children’s council to facilitate an open discussion for ideas and solicit support from parents and interested congregants.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires experience and/or education in early childhood development. Experience as a staff member in a children’s ministry in a leadership capacity is appreciated. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children about God, and excel in administration skills.
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Executive Director, Steve Harden email@example.com